TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Only 53 Days Until Christmas?!?!

I truly cannot believe it's November 1st already! I just got to the point where I don't write 2004 anymore! And my birthday is in 8 days, and for those of you keeping score at home, I'll be 29!

The Rams game was a lot of fun. They won, though none of their starters were really playing. About 1/2 way through the 4th Quarter, my brother Dave called to see where we were sitting. He was straight across the field from us, but I couldn't hear him over the crowd noise! After the game, I came home and made iced sugar cookies for work, which I have been doing every Halloween since I graduated college...

I got some more work done on my Fuzzy Feet, thanks to Anna and the Fuzzy Feet Along. Those patterns are so confusing at times...I wasn't anywhere close on my guess! Here's where I am at right now with the heel...I'm getting ready to start the heel turn...hopefully I can figure out the Pick-Up & Knit!


I'm still working on the scarf that I'm making out of the Debbie Bliss Alpaca/Silk in an oversized Moss stitch too. It's going slow, but it looks pretty cool.

I think I'm going to give it to my brother Dave, but not sure yet. My sister Alison got the other scarf I made and now everyone wants something. (This is the same group that gives me trouble for being "crafty"...crazy bunch of artists and art majors!!)

Like I said earlier...only 53 days until Christmas and I'm not seeing a pair of Fuzzy Feet, a scarf, a felted hat, 2 purses and a bunch of dog toys being done by then... Looks like it may be Christmas in July this year!!

So tonight is straighten the office and hang my wallpaper border. It's come a long way from the original paint job from when I moved in:

(No, the manequin is not mine. This picture was taken before I moved in.) I actually ended up painting every room in the house over the first 2 weeks I was here, as I couldn't stand any of the colors! (The woman actually liked color alot and had done a great job decorating...unfortunately it wasn't ANYTHING I would have chosen!) The office is now a turquoise color and the border is a tropical scene. (Mom will hate that I have a "theme" room...I still haven't abandoned the horse themed bathroom...shhhh don't tell her!)

Once I finish this room, then I can start working on my scrapbook space in the basement. I have until the 12th to get it all put together and get my samples for the Stamp Camp. I have 2 people confirmed and a lot of people with "definite maybes", so we'll see how it goes...

This weekend is the St Louis Knitting Guild Workshop and the Quilt Bingo at the church - St. John the Baptist, Gildehaus.

It will be busy, but what do you expect?

(Anna, you should be impressed...I have pictures AND links this time...)

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now come on 29? Are you sure? Think hard.
BH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home