TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Friday, May 30, 2008

The Summer of Shannon

The other night while I was running, I decided that Summer 2008 would be the "Summer of Shannon"

Now, let me clarify a bit. (because it sounds a little conceited...)

The last couple of months away have lent myself to really look at what I've been doing with my life, how I've been acting/reacting and where I am going. I realized that I have been doing a lot of standing on the sidelines and watching life go by. Or standing there being a "Debbie Downer" or complaining about things, rather than doing something about it.

No more. That era is done. Things are going to change.

If Ican navigate myself through 4 airports in 3 different countries in a period of 24 hours, this should be easy. I've been self-sufficient in a country where English is NOT a primary language and have 1500 pictures to prove it. And I drove on the German Autobahn with no speed limit...

So the plan is to get back to the point where I am happy with myself again. It's been a while and I've come a long way...just a few more things to get through and we're there.

I want to get in touch with friends and spend more time with them. I keep saying that and have every intention of it, but "time" gets in the way. This week I went out with several groups of friends and had a blast. I need to just do it more often! The same thing with my family. I have 3 sibs and 3 in-laws that live in town - get to know them better!

And I would love to explore the US more. I saw 4 countries in 4 weeks...there is nothing that says I have to stay in MO for the summer. There are so many cute towns and cool places to visit just in the Midwest! And relatives in many of them, so even more opportunities for visits!

My house needs some work. I have a guy mowing the lawn, so I should have more time to plant flowers, work on the deck and finish some of the rooms inside. There are some more touches that can be made - let's get it going!

Me. I started on my quest to lose weight a year ago and successfully lost 15 lbs. It's not enough. I still am not in the shape I want to be in. So I think I'm going to make some goals. There is a mini-Triathalon in Kirkwood on July 27. It will be tough, but I think I'm up for it. I just need to make the commitments and train for it. It's doable. I have a lot of support. (though no one has stepped up to do it with me...) And I just bought a new pair of shoes and running gear. I think I am up for the challenge and my health (and hopefully the sexy -skinny me) will be better for it!

And if it ends up that someone wants to be part of my life, then all the better. They say that you have to be happy with you before you can be happy with someone else. I finally see what they are talking about, I think. It's tough (6 people in my office are engaged right now!) and I have met some great people as of late (one of which I would love to get to know better!). But it's not in my control. I have to trust that all will work out the way God intended it. All I have control over is my actions and reactions and I'm trying to do better there too.

So there it is. The plan. A list if you will. (are you surprised Kerin?)

The Summer of Shannon has begun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home