TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Ch...Ch....Ch....Changes

Do you remember when you were young and went away to camp or something and came back and felt like everything has changed....but realized that you had changed and everything else is still the same??

I feel like that right now. Actually I've been feeling like this since around Christmas.

I'm not quite sure what has triggered it, but I have been feeling like I've been in a state of "flux" for awhile now. I'm not sure what I want to do, who I want to talk to, what I want to spend my time doing, volunteering for what, etc....It's really kind of disturbing for a person who is a compulsive planner and knows what is going on 24/7!

They say that every person changes every 7 years...I'm about 5 years into my latest change....perhaps it's related!

So, any of you out there that I relate to on a regular basis....If I'm a little off, you now know why....it's not you....apparently it's me!

3 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Beth said...

My voice teacher always tells me it's our hair that changes every seven years. Much less of an upheaval, I would think. :)

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chin up that what you told me
BH

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon

What you are feeling is probably felt by all of us from time to time. Your engineering background lets you feel like you should be able to find an answer for everything. Unfortunately for most of us, we never find the all the answers.

From reading this blog, it is obvious that you are a nice, intelligent and caring person. You also seem to be sad and searching for something. Maybe you can find some of the answers you are looking for by taking to you family and core friends. An open dialog with them could provide some incite. You don't have to agree with everything they may say, but the dialog may trigger a path to some answers. Use your inter spirituality to purge any anger you may be harboring.

Many of us during the holiday season seem sad; either because we lost someone or are lonely or maybe are not satisfied with the path our life has taken us.

From reading this blog you seem to have family and friends who care about you. They are the best source of support. People who care about you may see something that you do not. Many times my family and friends have made me see things differently by forcing me to thing about myself and my reactions in different ways.

While, I am not one of the above. I wish the best for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home