TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Monday, December 19, 2005

She Has A Plan (But Seriously...Are Y'All Really That Surprised???)

So some things while I was swimming tonight....
  1. I really like swimming. I swam competitively from age 5 until 18 and I was kind of good...at least good enough to go to State a couple of years (on a relay team...). Since then I just use it as exercise.
  2. This is good exercise...it works the WHOLE body, is low impact and gets the heart pumping. The best shape I ever was in was when I swam for Dad at SJA.
  3. I joined the YMCA and pay $41 for the sole purpose of it having a pool. I could have joined other gyms for less, but I loved that they have a pool and it's hardly EVER crowded. I should be taking more advantage of it.
  4. I know....I should start training to swim in the Master's meets! Everyone I know seems to be training for marathons and I can't run to save my life...shin splintz, slow, etc... but this is something to work towards and I can actually do it.

So that's the plan. I called Dad tonight and asked him to put together a workout for me to start training for the Master's. I may never ever swim in a meet, but the training will be beneficial. Right now I swim 2-3 nights a week for about 45 minutes and I go about 2000 yards (80 laps). Since the ultimate goal is ALWAYS to lose weight and tone up, this would be the way to go. And if I am working towards a goal other than losing weight, then I am more apt to get it accomplished...So that's the plan for now!

This weekend was fun, though I had nothing planned and did a lot. I'm just about ready for Christmas, though I'm just not into it this year. I don't know why, probably because it's just me and there really is no high drama like last year and I'm not expecting any "big" gifts or anything special (like big toys or jewelry, etc.) this year. It will be low-key at the Winters' and I will probably go see the Rodeo kids on Christmas. We aren't even doing a Nafziger Christmas because of the way the holidays fall, so that will be strange. I am looking forward to the week off afterwards though. I have some stuff planned, but I'm going to play it by ear. Probably see friends for lunch, maybe do some freelance for MoDOT and visit Dad at the shop.

So here's my Christmas countdown...1 scarf 2/3 done for Christmas Eve...3 types of cookies left to bake...1 pan of fudge to make...1 more gift to buy to send to Bloomington...5 gifts to wrap...1 gift coming in the mail hopefully by Christmas!...1 house to clean...and I think that's it. Not as much as some people, but still a busy week! And the Rodeo kids are coming over to bake & decorate cookies on Friday, so I need to have some ready by then...should be fun!

Do I have a plan to get the stuff done for the holidays? Surprisingly no...and it's really not bothering me too much...it will get done!

1 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Saw your post on the CTMH BB about your scraproom, so I thought I'd drop by. What a surprise to find out that you knit! No holiday plans for us, but I do want to sneak as much needle time as I can. Enjoy your holidays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home