TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Rules?! I Don't Need No Stinkin' Rules....Or Do I???

Anna and I were discussing my dating life today. (I think I am ever so close to "getting back out there", though Anna & Wayne think "not quite yet...Probably after the new year...but I digress!)

So during the conversation, the list of requirements/rules came up. Me, being the organized list taker from Hell had to write them down, so naturally I could put them on the blog, so everyone will know what they are and torture me with them when I fail to listen to them...Feel free to do read along:

  1. Cannot be married. (No pending divorces or "we're married only on paper" allowed!)
  2. Cannot be anyone I work with. (Been there, done this, got the divorce to prove it. It doesn't end well, too messy and too many people involved. Relatives of co-workers MAY be Ok, but avoid if at all possible...)
  3. No pending legal charges, felony records or Parole Officers. (This one should be obvious...)
  4. Must have a full set of teeth. (I am 33 with no cavities...dental health is important)
  5. Some education beyond HS diploma/GED. (We qualified that a degree was not necessarily required, but some further study beyond that at an accredited college/university was. MOHP school DOES NOT count...)
  6. Must be gainfully AND LEGALLY employed. (no meth labs, "import/export" business or telemarketers please...)

The following are my additional rules...

  1. Must be over 30 and closer in age to me than to my father. (I'm 33 and he's 55...for those of you slow at math...that's age 44. And I don't know if I want to be dealing with guys under 30...)
  2. Occupation could be a factor...while being an "adrenaline junkie" and carrying a weapon can be considered cool, there may be an element of unbalance present. (This will be judged on a case by case basis...and will have to pass #5 above)
  3. A previous marriage is Ok, though 4 marriages before age 38 is going to be a red flag. (I have enough baggage to carry on my own, thanks...)
  4. Drinking is OK, though mostly on occasion and in social settings ...downing a 12-pack every night alone in the garage is a NO. (Slurred speach is NOT ATTRACTIVE)
  5. No Smoking and especially NO DIP....YUCK! (Sure I LOVE spit cups as decor!...)

I think that about covers it. I hate to be picky, but hey, you have to draw the line somewhere...

If you find a guy that fits the criteria listed above, let me know...I'm always up for meeting new people!

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely rules to live by...These are some of the many reasons I am glad that I'm not single.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home