TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Help I Fell Off And They Made Me Get Back Up Again...

Yep, It's official. I fell off my horse yesterday during lessons. The key word here is fell, not thrown (or throwed, as I hear often...). And I was riding Mack...as in "Mack Truck"...he's a cross between a Quarter Horse and a Draught horse, so his legs are shorter than mine! And the name "Eyeore" comes to mind with him often! Anyway, I am fine, though sore all the way down my right side. My shoulder got the full brunt of it, so it will bruise nicely! At least I got that over with...

Thanksgiving was fun, though very low key. We ate at Mom & Dads and only 8 of us were there, as Tim & Diane hosted her family at home. And after dinner MA & Jim had to go to his parents' and Dave & Stacy had to go to Turkey Bowl and Matt had a very bad headache, so I dried dishes. (good thing it wasn't the 12 as we have had in the past - that's lots of drying!) During the day, the "kids" had pulled out a puzzle - one of the fun ones of 500 pieces with the impossible design, so Mom & I got "sucked" in and got a good part of it done. After that we watched The Polar Express (I knitted my 2nd Fuzzy Foot) which was cute and had great artwork, though we commented that there really was no plot....When I got home that night, my neighbors were out around the chiminea, so I stopped by for a couple of drinks and a couple of shots of Goldschlager...My hair STILL smells like smoke!

So the Christmas decorations are all up now. I didn't go all out, as I don't know what I like in this house yet. The Snow Village is up in the kitchen and the tree is up in the living room. Next weekend is my open house, so I should be good to go for that. I have no idea how many people will be coming by, but it should be fun...

This weekend is Aubrey's party at MaMar & PaBob's house. It will be fun to hang out with them...the scarves are complete and the gifts are wrapped.

Let the Christmas Season Begin.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home