TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Monday, January 02, 2006

And So It Begins....

Welcome to 2006. I feel it's going to be a good year for me...it started out with a bang (I'll post some pictures soon...) and I see nothing but good things happening in the year to come!

As promised, I will post my lists of Resolutions (More Like Goals) and of Pet Peeves, just for Anna. (Ok, so it didn't take long to come up with those...) I like lists and like to thing the world is a bit more organized with there is a list involved.

So, here is my list of Resolutions, Or Rather Goals For 2006....

1. Be a better sister. (The phone works 2 ways, you know!)
2. Be a better friend. (I realized how much I was slacking in this dept. about 1/2 way through the year...I have come a long way, but still have a little bit to go.)
3. Be more patient. (This gets tougher as you get older...)
4. Exercise more & Eat better. (Those 20 lbs. aren't just going to fall off)
5. Pray more. (This seems to calm me and it's good for me too!)
6. Learn to knit a sweater. (I may only get a baby sweater done, but at least it will have sleeves!)
7. Know when I reach my limit on activities & commitments and choose the ones that I want to do. (NO is NOT a "bad" word... when used correctly)
8. Get to know ME better. (There's still some things I need to get comfortable with...)
9. Give more of myself to my work. (I feel like I've been holding back and I don't have any excuses not to anymore...this week off has revitalized me...I hope!)
10. Not rush into another relationship. (The holidays were TOUGH and I missed having someone around, but I need to be patient for the RIGHT someone. While Christmas was tough, New Year's was a BLAST because I was around great friends, who didn't care that I was single. I need to be totally comfortable with that before I do anything else. I am close, but need to be less anxious....BUT, I AM ready to start MEETING people, if the opportunity comes up!!)

Here is my list of Pet Peeves:

1. Bad Drivers (This encompasses alot and could be its own list)
2. Rude sales people/restaurant servers
3. Too many commercials on the radio
4. One-sided Media Reporting (Hey, some of us really are Conservative!)
5. Being hit on by married men
6. Being thought of as incompetent or haven't a clue because of my age/blonde hair/being female. (This is at work (sometimes) and in the "real world" - especially at Lowe's!)
7. Reality Television (why is your "real life" more exciting than mine??)
8. Telemarketers (Hello, do you know what the No Call List Is??)
9. Dogs in the back of pick-up trucks on city streets (slow on the farm is OK...zipping down Hwy 100...not so cool!)
10. High gas prices (There is no reason for oil companies to be making THAT much money!)

Here is to 2005 being better than 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home