TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Post Holiday Blahs

I hate this day. The last day of a long weekend and I'm at home catching up on stuff that didn't get done over the weekend and getting ready for the next week. What I really want to do is still hang out with friends and family like I did the rest of the weekend, but they have all gone or have their own stuff to do. I don't feel depressed, more like BLAH.... (and the grey/cold weather outside is doing NOTHING to help that!)

The holiday weekend was really fun. I left at a decent time on Weds and was able to get my pies made in plenty of time to relax that evening. It was threatening to snow/sleet/rain that night, so I was more than happy to stay in. Thursday I spent the morning at my parents' house and then went over to BW's that evening. (that is going well- more on that later) We hung out with his aunts and uncles and even played some dominoes. Friday I met BW and his parents for lunch, then we did some running around for a little bit. We were able to avoid the mall, but not the traffic! That afternoon/evening, we watched movies and had dinner. Very fun and relaxing. Saturday I got stuff done around the house and then ran into Chesterfield to do a little shopping. I am mostly looking for ideas at this point, as I haven't really thought too much about gifts yet! I then met BW and his parents for dinner that night while I was "in town". It was fun and really great to be able to spend so much time with him this weekend.

Ok, the straight skinny is that BW and I have come to an agreement. I promise to not freak out about every little thing, he promises to call more and keep me more in the loop. Neither one of us wanted to pull the trigger and end it, so this is worth a shot. It sounds like a fair deal and as my cousin says - a very "adult" approach to the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, it's tough some days, especially during the "fun" times of the month, but I get it. I bought a book the other day called "Big Girls Don't Whine: Getting on With the Great Life That God Intends". It talks a lot about getting beyond the past and working towards healthy relationships, which is sooo helpful for me. I am a big proponent of "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got". And I'm to the point that I see a pattern in my relationships and it's Not. Working. At. All. So I'm trying to approach this differently and see what happens. I have no idea what's going to happen and I'm trying really hard not to think that far ahead. I know I really like him and I'm pretty sure he likes me too. I enjoy the time we spend together and we have a good time. He has a lot going on in his life right now, and I really do too. I'm just reminding myself to breathe and to go with it. As Kerin said again "Your goal in life is to be happy - always strive for that". It's a lofty goal, but I'm up for the challenge.

As for travel- nothing is set yet for any trips. They are saying that we are still in the running for China, but as of Weds, no word yet. While it would be a really cool trip to take, I don't really want to go right before Christmas and definitely not the week they are tagging, as it's our company Christmas party and a family party for BW's family and we are supposed to go to both. Switzerland is still up in the air too, though rumor has it I'm tagged for after Christmas. No word on pupsitting yet - that will be a big deal if that doesn't come through.

On the fiber front, I actually have been doing some work, though no spinning yet. It's as if I'm almost "scared" to try to spin any of the new stuff I bought, even though I KNOW that's completely crazy. Brodie found part of it and said it tasted fine, so that's good. I did finally finish the baby sweater for my "boss" in NC who's son was born in July. I don't think it will fit him, so I may end up sending him something else and give that sweater to someone else. My cousin Brianna and her husband had a baby this past Weds as did my neighbors a month ago, so I have a couple of them to get going on! I did finish my SIL's stocking for this year, so that counts on the "crafty-non-fiber front". Other than that, not sure what other Christmas knitting I'll get done this year. I may make BW a hat, as he's freaking out over the cold, but we'll see.

Ok, I have to admit after writing this I feel a little less Blah than I did before. I guess all is good in the universe after all....

PS - Who knew that the Mizzou Tigers would be #1 this year!!!

PPS - Then again, perhaps the univers is getting me back, again. I got a ticket this weekend - 18 over the limit. (EEK! Thanks Mom for giving me those genes!!) It's been almost EXACTLY 2 years since I got the last one!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home