TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

And I Even Got Flowers Today!

Happy Valentine's Day! And for all of you keeping score at home, yes, I am having a good day!!

My day started with a page to the front office for these:

Note the sentiment on the card: "Love Dad". Apparently he sent them to us girls, though when I talked to Mom this afternoon, she hadn't gotten any....I hope for his sake he picks some up for her on the way home!

Then at lunch I picked up these that I bought for myself:

They are from the Gift Emporium in Sullivan and are hand-dipped and delicious! I just had to splurge a little for myself today!

And finally I got this from the group in Special Packaging at work. They had put these together a month ago and I kept joking with them that I wanted one, if it worked! (The soda is Love Potion #6!) So I guess I have to let them know if it does...


So on the eHarmony front...I have gotten to "open conversation" with one guy from St. Louis. He seems nice, though I haven't talked to him on the phone or in person yet, still through e-mail. Turns out his sister graduated from my high school 2 years before me...small world! We'll see how it goes. There is another guy that I am "talking" to also, but haven't heard from him for a couple of days, so we'll see. Anna called and yelled at me today, because I was talking to a guy who's occupation was "Federal Law Enforcement" - she told me to RUN, FAST and don't look back...too many issues could be there. So I ended conversation with him today...he was a bit odd anyway... I'll keep you posted on how it goes...it's actually kind of fun...I feel like "I'm passing notes in Study Hall."

Alright, the Knitting Olympics have begun and I made a fair effort at starting. See:

Seriously, I actually was working on sock 1.0 during the opening ceremonies and the lighting of the torch. Soon after though, I was frogging it, as I had too many stitches... somehow I had screwed up the twist part! (You can see that I used the yarn and wound it back up, right? That counts, right??)As of now I don't have anything going on, so I'm going to make another attempt...I mean there are mulitiple heats and average scores in the events, so I figure I'll be ok...just 10 days to go...many others have done more work with less time.

Oh, and I joined an olympic team - the Midwest Knitters. Seems like a good group, as most Midwesterners are, so I am in good company. And from the looks of it, many of them are off to a slow start as well....

But I did get a little work done on Sheep 2.0:


He has legs now, and I'm working up the body. The 25th will be pushing it, but definitely by the first rodeo on April 21!

Just going to add a picture of Brodie enjoying the 68 degree weather today....Come On Spring!

3 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to Team Midwest! Hang in there - Sunday afternoon I frogged my whole project & started over. The flowers from your Dad are great - sounds like something my Dad would do (if I wasn't a consultant who was always at a different location) :)

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Hey Neighbor,
Okay, the third time is the charm. I've tried twice unsuccessfully to post a comment on your blog. I have one more trick up my sleeve before I pick up the phone and call your or better yet-shout out my back door up to your house!

Your flowers are beautiful. What a thoughtful dad. But, you're right, let's hope he brought home something nice for your mom as well

Can't wait to learn how to knit. When can we start? And I, being a non-knitter, don't know what frogging is but it doesn't sound good. Do enlighten.

Thanks for the inspiration. I've created my own blog now too. CountingDownToForty It's barebones at the moment, but it will improve.

Later neighbor

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger mrspao said...

Hello fellow team member. I am also working on some socks and I'm finding them a challenge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home