TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

TAKE OUT THE COMMA!

This statement is in regards to the statement that I have been hearing a lot lately:

"Don't worry, you'll meet somebody" in regards to dating.

As I have been informed by several people (namely Wayne, Anna & Alison, among others) is that the statment should ACTUALLY read:

"Don't worry. (Period....LONG PAUSE...New Sentence...) You'll meet somebody"

See the difference? Apparently there is one and I kept missing it. Seems my problem with dating is that I'm worrying too much about finding Mr. Right and not enjoying the process of meeting Mr. Right Now. Makes sense to me... Explains why I go from Ok to tears in 3 seconds flat! I'm worrying too much....snap out of it!

So in regards to that whole situation, I decided to be a doer, as I usually am, and join eHarmony.com. There, I said it, it's out in the open. I'm a little apprehensive about saying that in public, but there it is. Turns out I have met a couple of nice (and REALLY CUTE) guys through there and I only joined on Monday. I have figured out that I'm still searching for where I fit in and I needed a change in perspective....So here I am enjoying the process and hopefully getting to have some nice dinners and conversation to go along with it...

Back to the knitting....I got this e-mail today from Anna that apparently I'm a celebrity, as my name & Blog site was listed at Crazy Aunt Purl today. Turns out I responded to her blog question about the Knifty Knitter that was sent in from another adoring fan. (Ok, so Anna sometimes thinks that Purl is the CA version of me...just substitute dogs for cats and we are the same!) So, for all of you that have stumbled on this site from hers...the pix from the Knifty Knitter are here. I love those rings man...and I actually got the bar one too. Been working on a scarf on it for a while (the yarn is a Carron Soft ply in a tan...just something to try it out on...):

It's sooooo easy to use and I'll never make a hat without it again!

REVISED: For additional Knifty Knitter patterns look here and here. There is also a book out there that's here.

I have started Sheep 2.0:

This is the Tooshi end of the sheep - the pin is where the tail goes. I'm getting ready to bind off for the legs and yes, there are short rows involved. Information about it and pictures of Sheep 1.0 are listed here. This one will be in Cascade 220 in Natural, as I don't want them to be the same...I think the Princess will get the white one with a pink bandana, of course and Chaser X will get the beige one with a blue bandana...I was hoping to get them done by the PBR (yes, that's the Professional Bull Riding...insert comments here...)on the 25th, but the Olympics start Friday....

I got the yarn for my Olympic socks last week. It's Essential from Knit Picks in Burgundy. Isn't it so pretty!

And of course I had to buy $40 worth to get the free shipping , so that meant that I had to get new stash storage:


Not bad for only knitting for 6.5 months...

Don't forget....TAKE OUT THE COMMA!

7 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw you on Crazy Aunt Purl. I was wondering if you can knit newborn-size hats on those loom thingamajigs. Our church is doing newborn kits for the local hospital and I am planning on making bunches o' hats but whatever makes them faster would be great!!! Also, I grew up in St. Louis! Small world! Went to h.s. in Arnold, worked at Six Flags for years and years... yada yada yada. Email me! froggie79ATnc.rr.com

Maryann

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger tangelled angel said...

HI Shannon
I also saw you on Crazy Aunt Purl and have had a read of your blog. I joined a dating agency myself after having bad date after bad date, had a good time on the dating agency, met a lot of guys and kept my mind open when I was meeting them. have lots of stories from that but wont go into them here. Anyway, met a guy after several emails and we're still together almost 2 years later....so was a great move on our parts.
The easiest way to do it I found was to email a few times and get to know the person a bit before meeting up, and keep an open mind.
By the way, i love your new storage, must look out for something like that myself!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Okay, your stash storage is not only disgustingly organized, but CUTE! (I'd settle for organized!)

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am Amanda and found you through Laurie's site. I seem to have started some discussion on the knifty knitter. I just got it not too long ago and do like it. I have made a couple hats, (newborn included; to those who are wondering--on the blue loom). I plan on making scarves. When I went to Michael's to buy one, there was a demonstration about it and they had done a lot of different things that I have searched for online and can't find...like newborn slippers. Hmm. Just thought I'd give my thoughts on it all. If anyone has experience with these things and has any cool patterns, if you would like to email me at maeleigh.girlATgmailDOTcom. (Sorry to be writing a book on your comments, I don't have a blog)! Hehe

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

Shannon-

Bless you! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog about how to put buttons up on my site!! Yay!! I at least made the one work!! (ooh, lots of exclamations!!!)

Good karma comes back, you know. I think you'll meet someone, too. My theory is, it will be when you least expect it. When you are having the most fun being you, doing what you like to do, learning what you want, going where you want, taking risks you've always wanted to take...then you will meet someone who is entirely entranced with you for you. Know thyself, as the philosopher says.

Also, I am jealous of your storage. Pink and green with jealousy.

Thanks again!
Ginny

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginny - THANK YOU
We've been trying to get that message thru to her! Maybe hearing it from someone outside will help! Shannon - we love you - but Ginny is right on!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I love your stash storage! Very elegant.

Good luck on the internet dating thing. My stepbrother met his now wife online. I, on the other hand, am vaguely cursed on internet dating, but I have some dang funny stories out of it. Sometimes, you can't ask for much more. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home