TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I spent St. Patrick's Day in Dogtown with Tim (date) and his friend Stacey and about 5,000 other drunk Irishmen (and wanna-be Irishmen!) yesterday!! It was a lot of fun and I definitely have to do that again! It was just a little cool, but the Crown & Coke, beer and lots of people definitely made up for it! It was a bit more tame than Mardi Gras, but fun nonetheless!!

Here are some pix from the parade (Shannon & Tim):


We also caught up with Alison at her house down there and Dave & Stacy were down there too. They were doing "Irish Car Bomb" shots that involved Guiness, Jamieson & Kaluha (they were out of Bailey's).:


Alison and I had a good conversation too, though will have to have it again once we are both sober...She's such a great sister and friend... and a cutie too....Can you tell we are sisters??:


So today I am moving slow and getting stuff done around the house. Tonight is a meet for the kids at the YMCA and I'm not sure what's going on after that. And for those you keeping score on the "dating scene", I think I'm going to see what happens with Tim for a while and take it from there - just enjoying the "here and now" and not worry about the future...yes, this REALLY IS different from past experiences because I have a great support system and I'm going into this open minded and carefully. We'll see how it goes!

Ok, so I'm going to end this weekend of Irish-ness with my favorite Irish Blessing. I actually always think of Grandma Winters (Margaret Armstrong) when I hear this, as it was on the mass card from her funeral and she was so into being Irish. (and I take after her a bit!) Here it is:

AN IRISH BLESSING
May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and the rain fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home