TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Friday, March 03, 2006

Yep, Have 'Em Talk To Me And I'll Get 'Em To Marry Ya!

Well, I got an e-mail from Mr. CFP today. (Actually, I had e-mailed him yesterday because I needed his address for the paperwork for the Catholic Annulment.) He gave me his new address and then proceeded to tell me that the conversation we had in November "inspired" him to change his ways. And now he's stopped drinking, smoking, being a selfish bastard, etc. Oh, and he's getting married in 2 weeks to a woman with 2 sons. (Apparently he they had broken up when I got the phone call in November and after our chat, they got back together!)

Thus it is official - I'M DRIVING 'EM TO GET MARRIED!!! (I'm thinking this beats "Driving 'Em to be Gay", but I'm not sure) That's 2 of the 3 from the last year and a half (Cowboy Bob got married in Jan)...If the 3rd one gets married, I'm done! But he probably won't...I don't think he ever will, personally!

On a more positive note, I have a 2nd date tomorrow night, AND he's coming to pick me up. I'm rather excited about this and bought a new outfit. (Anna keeps reminding me that a fringe benefit to dating is getting fabulous new clothes!) He's fun to talk to and we have a good time together, so we'll see what happens. Still not worrying about it. And yes, I'm still keeping options open!

So on to the Knitting...After the traumatic Knitting Olympic experience , I'm easing back into the knitting scene. (But check out my "Jamaican Bobsled Spirit Award Button" - see, everyone is a winner!) I have just about finished the top side of Sheep 2.0. (The orange pin towards the top is where the tail goes...) I did have to buy another skein of Cascade 220, as I was running low as is. (Any extra will become felted dog bones for Brittany):


I've also finished the first skein of yarn for the Irish Walking Scarf. (It's supposedly for Alison's boyfriend, but I may keep it and do something else for him, as I really like it!) I really like the yarn (Misti Alpaca) and it's a fast knit, for cabling. Here's the first section. It's about 15 inches long. I am going to knit at least 3, probably 4 skeins.:


Next up is a baby sweater for a co-worker who's wife is due on the 20th using Knit Picks Shine in the color Grass. I have the pattern for the Magic Baby Sweater, but it's confusing to read. (Ok, so I was looking at it late the other night, in a dark room...) I've been told just to knit it and not ask questions (who me, not figure it out before hand? NEVER!), so I need to just go for it. It's all knit stitch, so it sounds like a rainy Sunday afternoon project to me!

I bought a couple of books this week too:

Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush - I see this title pop up all the time on Blogs and the results are great. Something from here is the destiny for my "failed" Olympic yarn.

The Gift Knitter by Tara Jon Manning - I thought this looked cute with presents for babies with "two legs or four". I don't know if my pups would wear any sweaters I knitted them, but they might surprise me!

I've been looking for the new Yarn Harlot book in St. Louis and can't find it yet. I may have to break down and order it online, but I would rather have it in hand when I purchase it. I loved the other two and can't wait to get my hands on the third one!

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Looks like you have definitely recovered from the Knitting Olympics - look forward to seeing the finished objects from all your projects. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home