TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Greetings from Switzerland

I am not doing well on learning German, so I'm not even going to attempt it!

So I'm going to post some pictures instead:This is during our landing at JFK airport in NYC. It's not very good, but you can make out the city AND the SMOG....

This is my room - taken from the door and then towards the door. And yes, that is the bathroom - at least I don't have to share, like in some hotels in Europe.




And this is the section of hair burned to the curling iron that I singed off this morning. (Luckily my hair is layered enough that it's not noticeable - at least I didn't start at the top of my head on that piece...)Apparently not only do you have to use the adapters, but you have to watch the voltage too. Curling irons, clothes irons and blow dryers get hotter over here. Needless to say, I'm down one curling iron and one clothes iron. I figured out the blow dryer in time...



Our office actually overlooks the Rhine River and I'm waiting for a better day to get pictures. I'll try to have more of the city and people later this week.
It's after midnight here....goodnight!

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! It sounds like quite an adventure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home