TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Summer of Shannon - Update!

When we last left our heroine, she was enjoying her new convertible and getting ready to start a new project at work....

4th of July weekend was fun and furious. My friend RayRay and I enjoyed the John Mayer concert (ran into T there, BTW - very strange encounter!) and then went to the Cubs/Cards game and then Ted Drewes on the 4th - very traditional STL! The rest of the weekend was spent golfing and swimming.

My cousin Zacky and his fiance Jules were in town over the weekend of the 10th, so swim party and dinner! They were stopping through while driving to FLA from Hawaii (no, there is no bridge there...) and I hadn't seen them in years. Their wedding is in Key West in March - another family wedding not to be missed!

I spent the weekend of the 17th - 20th in ATL with relatives. It was a great weekend with family. Lots of great food and drinks, golf, tennis and meatballs! I had such a great time with them and was so fortunate to be able to visit. I miss everyone down there and hopefully fate will change and they will all get to come "home" soon!

My tri-athlon had to be postponed. First, I dragged my feet a little too much and it was full by the time I tried to register. Second, I was suffering from shin splintz and probably would not have been able to make it as much as I wanted to. (And I didn't get to train as much as I needed to - see paragraph above!) And honestly, it was really hot that day - I ended up golfing and it was really freakin' hot that day. Very happy I didn't end up racing that day.

So I did sign up for another tri-athlon on the 17th of this month. The swim is a little shorter, but the bike ride is much longer! I did buy new shoes (thanks for the recommendation JimC & MA!) and that has helped my shins. I am training more than I was before, so hopefully I'll at least be able to finish! I did find out that the store that RayRay's fiance works at has a tent there that day and I've been TOLD that I'm hanging out with them after the race. Grrrreaaaat... Probably a bunch of cute, toned guys and I'm going to be a giant gooey mess after the race. Hopefully they will find that endearing!

In a moment of weakness last weekend, I signed up for the online dating scene again. I know, I totally was going to swear it off, but I got a little bored and lonely last weekend and wanted to try again! I'm not sure how it's going to go...if I'm disappointed again, then I'll be totally done with it - just not worth the hassle, heartbreak and $$. I was dating someone I met through RayRay early this summer, but he drove me crazy. Was a bit too immature and flaky for a 29.5 year old. (yeah, thanks for the 2am "booty calls"...when I'm in ATLANTA!!) Maybe someday when he figures it out, but definitely not any time soon. It's actually starting to drive me crazy - like there is no one out there, or there's a big red warning sign on my forward that repels anyone decent. Not sure what to think of that anymore.

The Summer of Shannon is winding down, but August is chocked full of excitement - it's not over yet! Party for MA & JimC this weekend, bridesmaid dress shopping and golf too. Tri-athlon next weekend - send me rest and lots of Carbs! Visiting my aunt & uncle in IA for a weekend. Sailing into Labor Day weekend - full speed ahead. Oh, and that project is in full swing at work and consuming time, but totally cool and keeping me busy. I've learned so much over the last year or so - totally worth it.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the Mini-Tri getting postponed. Look at it this way, you got a new pair of shoes out of the deal.
Your assumption with the X chromosome is that the X's are illigent and mature to begin with. That develops only after nuturing the Y portion of their chromosome set.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home