TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Is That All You Have For A Thursday??

Now y'all know I am all about change. Regardless of what you've heard, I really like change and am always willing to try new things...No, seriously, I am! So this morning, when it was announced that our VP (I report under him and honestly, he's probably one of the hottest men I've ever met in real life - we're talking Brad Pitt, people,...but I digress) and one of the other senior managers are leaving the company. This is about a month after our CFO left for another opportunity too. So where does that leave all of us? Truthfully, we really don't have a clue yet, but ya know it's going to be exciting! And hopefully, I'll get to move around or try new things a bit, so we'll have to see what happens.

So March has flown by and we're dangerously approaching April. Last weekend was the DG Founder's Day luncheon which was fun, but long. The silent auction I chaired raised about $450, so that was good. I think I want to try to get items from other Alumnae chapters next year, but we'll see how that goes. I also got to meet Tim's sister and his parents last weekend, which was fun. I think I vaguely remember his sister at SJA, but that was a LONG time ago! He's actually positioned to win the NCAA pool for the Muncie Foundation, so YEAH, I get dinner soon! (I know, I lost the bet with him, of course, so I'll make a decent dinner one of these nights...though I keep threatening Chef Boyardee & canned peaches!)

This weekend is the auction for Marian Middle School that Mom is chairing downtown, so that will be fun. Dad bought the table, so I'll have money to spend on cool baskets and stuff! I would love to get a hold of Cards tickets, but I think they are going to be tough to get. I put together a basket of BBQ stuff that isn't too shabby, so we'll see. This weekend Tim gets to meet my parents and aunt & uncle, which should be interesting too! And I think we are going to golf range on Sunday, which I've been dying to do for awhile now.

Ah, the knitting. Well, honestly, I have actually been working on a couple of projects. Ok, so sheep 2.0 still needs a head and a tummy, but I still have 3 weeks to go for that deadline. (But I'm out of town that weekend, so I have a little less time!) I actually started the baby sweater for Cory's baby, which I need to get a move on, as Noah was born last weekend...Here's the Magic Baby Sweater in progress....I seriously have no clue if I'm doing this right, as the pattern is a wee bit confusing. (But it's been good to work on during the NCAA tourney!):


I'm also working on the Sophie bag as I have time. It's a no-brainer knit, so I've been working on it as I have some time...


Oh, and pups got haircuts this week, which they desperately needed, so before:


And after:


De-Puffed & De-Fluffed!

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So curious - what are the little things that look like spools of thread on your needles? Are they holding them in place? Inquiring knitters want to know . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home