TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I Am Not Worthy....

I met the Yarn Harlot last night. Yes, I am fully aware of the fact that many of you are either wondering "Has she totally lost it??", though the other half of you are saying "How cool is that" or "I am sooo jealous!". It's ok...I know.

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee was in town to give a talk and sign her newest book. First, I need to give "mad props" to Anna for scoping out seats and getting us in the FRONT ROW - she's such a groupie! (That's a picture FROM MY SEAT!) Edit: Check out the picture on Harlot's blog...that's Anna, Me and Robin sitting in the front row!!

Of course Stephanie said it was a little "crazy" for her to be there at 5 for a 7:00 presentation, but apparently she doesn't know Anna! I really love to read the Harlot's posts and most of the time I am laughing at my desk, so this was a great opportunity to hear her in person and laugh with lots of other Knitters that get it! I actually was laughing so hard that I was crying.

I got her second book signed, as I didn't bring the first one. And I haven't been able to find the new one locally, so I am probably going to have to order it online, and maybe HAVE to order more books too...darn!

So my favorite part of the evening was probably the Library staff and their underwhelming expectation of this event. They had maybe 60 chairs set up, which was WAY not enough - they were lined up all the way back in the stacks! (I know those Muggles were just freaking out about having that many Knitters in once place at one time!) The second part was the book signing, which was handled as if we were meeting Martha "Freakin'" Stewart. We were herded over by rows and the Library Rep. would "dismiss" you if you didn't have anything to be signed! It was quite humorous to see her try to corral the group. Luckily we all had projects to keep us occupied, so it was actually quite orderly!

Thus was my experience in meeting THE Harlot. (Yep, had a great time explaining this to Tim..my argument was that he talks 80's Rock and MU Sports, which I got nuthin', therefore this is just fine...)

Ok, so I know I've been a huge slacker this month and I truly apologize. I actually was going to wait to blog this event, but Anna & Robin were threatening me with sharp pointy sticks, so it was hard to wait... (see, and I included pictures too!)

Anywhoo, I have lots more to share from the whirlwind month of April, including a couple of Cards games, a wedding roadtrip to KC and fun things at work. Lots of pictures and lots of scoop, oh and a bit o'knitting, so stay tuned....

5 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon - what a good girl you are to update so quickly. Guess those threats at needle point were pretty effective from anna and myself! hehehehe Can't believe I am on a web page with the Harlot! Way too cool!!! robin

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Shannon! It was nice to meet you last night, though briefly. (I'm the one on the other side of Anna.) I didn't have a chance to ask what your blog url is, so I'm glad I found it in the Harlot's comments - right at the top!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Timotab said...

Thanks for coming! So glad you enjoyed yourself!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Hey! I saw you from a distance, then never caught up with you. Things were a quiet kind of crazy, you know? You got out of there WAY before I did. I should have thought to sneak around and catch you on the way out, but I was not thinking clearly. For obvious reasons.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Another St. Louis knitblogger here. Wasn't it fun?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home