TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Friday, September 01, 2006

I Am Outta Here....

So I put in my notice for my job last week. It was a really tough decision, as I really love the people out there, but I have been wanting to get back to working in STL for some time. The drive is going to be about the same, but at least I'm closer to T, my family, my meetings and great golf. I have one more week to go, though it's a holiday week, so not too much going to go on then....

I have been working in the knitting realm. My SIL's scarf is finally about 1/2 finished AND I like it AND it will be long enough...FINALLY! I also visited a LYS twice this week to find yarn for a bag for my aunt for Christmas (Yes, I really did just say that word....out loud!) and to start looking for yarn for my god-daughter's sweater. I am finding that I need really bulky stuff that I may have to mail-order, go to the really good LYS or get the Jiffy quick stuff, which I'm trying to avoid the 100% acrylic but it has cute colors. It should be an easy knit - she's only 3 and have a couple of months, so we'll keep looking. I also have to start working on the hats for T's nephews, but those will be a snap on the Knifty Knitter. (still love it for hats!)

This weekend we are off to a wedding in Bloomington, Il. Should be fun with all the family there. (there are over 45 of us in my mom's immediate family - brother/sister/kids) It's always a good party and this should be no exception. Only downfall is that it's at 4:30 this afternoon, so we need to be on the road by noon. I already told T he was driving, so I can work on my projects - what a good sport! (And just an aside...I told him I wanted to knit him something - I acutally had a sweater picked out - but he told me he didn't really wear sweaters, and he didn't like high sox. I suggested maybe slipper sox, but can't find a men's pattern - any suggestions?? Yes, I'm aware of the "boyfriend curse", but he great care of me when I had a really bad case of the stomach flu, so I'm pretty sure I'm safe....just sayin'....)

So I'm in glide mode for the next week or so...I know I should have taken some time off, but we are out of town this weekend and next for the MU football game. (yep, even bought a shirt to wear!) And I need to find some time to go shopping for work clothes, as I am now going to be working in a professional office. I keep feeling like this is my first "real adult" job, since this is the first time I'll ever be able to wear nice clothes, jewelry and shoes that aren't closed toe! Oh, she grows up so fast...

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

You are so industrious with the gift knitting! I haven't touched my mother's scarf in weeks, partly because I'm seriously thinking of frogging the whole thing & starting over.

Some guys are just hard to knit for. My DH is the same way.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Double posting to say that it was great to meet you! I'll pass the URL for your blog on to my brother & see if he remembers you.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

GO TIGERS!!!

Make sure you throw an orange on the field after the first touchdown. And tell T to bring a flask!

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been lurking here for a while - and just realized you probably went to MU! My son, (an "Antler" alumni), just graduated from there and it is totally my favorite University in the country! (Never mind that I'd never been to Missouri till he went to see the school). It's nice to meet you - you have now inspired me to plan (maybe not start, yet) those Christmas gifts Go Tigers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home