TechyGeekGirlKnits

aka: Shannon's Shananigan's (Since there seems to be less & less knitting and more Shananigan-ing going on as of late and well, let's face it, she's just going to always be a techygeekgirl!!)

Friday, October 27, 2006

Is "Blogiversary" Really A Word?

Because I just don't remember learning that one on Sesame Street....But I digress.

So tomorrow is my 1st "Blogiversary". No, I can't believe it's been a year and I can't believe I have knitted as much as I have, or rather amassed as much of a stash as I have!

In honor of my 1st Blogiversary, let's have a contest, shall we?? How about I put the names of all the people who comment on my blog between now and Nov. 9 in a hat (probably off the Knifty Knitter) and I'll give you something from the stash. (it's extensive, so it'll be good! It's grown a bunch since that picture!) Why the 9th? That's my actual birthday, which in my world is a holiday, so I should give gifts! So feel free to comment at will - compliments, criticisms, tell me I'm crazy, go crazy for the Cardinals, etc.!

It's sports night here at Chez Westie. I could have gone out with my brother, SIL and my uncle who was in town for the World Series from Vegas, but I didn't want to stay in "the city" too long tonight - it makes a REALLY long day. And I needed to finish up some work and I'll be gone the rest of the weekend, so I'm getting ready to work on a knitting project(there are SOOOO many to choose from) and flipping between the World Series (GO CARDS!!) and the Tulsa Football game. As of 8pm, the Cards are winnging in the 3rd and TU is losing 13-3 at home vs. UTEP. It's fun watching TU - I used to play Intramural soccer and flag football on that field....many a great game was watched on that field too!

Tomorrow is day 2 of spinning and it should be interesting...this will make or break my future as a spiner. If I hate it, then I just saved myself over $300...if not, there goes another hobby!! I'll keep ya posted!

PS - Stuff with T is fine...I just need to breathe and keep perspective. All is Ok - I just need to remember that it's about ME too - I need to take breaks for myself and RELAX - all will fall into place fine. And he ASKED me to lunch today which was great and very sweet. I know, I know...he's a keeper....no matter how goofy he is!!!

5 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

OK. Today is not a make or break on the spinning. Don't sell yourself short. It took me all 3 lessons to even be able to "spin" anything. Carol is terrific and she'll help you, but don't set your expectations too high. Other bloggers who spin have been doing so for a long time. Don't compare yourself. You can knit anything, and I mean it, that you spin.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Yeah happy blogversary:)
Amber in Scotland

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger LacubriousOne said...

It's only after a chunk of time has passed that you can truly appreciate how cool it is to blog parts of your life. They are such great spirit-lifters when you go back and revisit them and see how many awesome things you've done!

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a year and think you are doing great.

I hope you have many more "Blogiversaries" and a great Birthday.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger 7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Happy Blogiversary. Treat yourself to a read back to see how far you've come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home